Saturday, February 1, 2014

Special Train


Did you ever travel by special train?  Special train is not a regularly scheduled train but arranged when there are more passengers who want to travel to a destination or in special circumstances to accommodate travelers to specific destinations on specific occasions.  These special trains though arranged for the benefit of passengers never reach the passengers to their destination at right time as scheduled.  These trains are signaled for forward journey only after all the scheduled trains pass off at their regular or delayed time.
 Once, I along with my husband traveled to Vizag by a special train.  The scheduled departure of the train from Warangal station was 12.10AM.  As we were unaware of the possible delay, reached the station by 11 AM, for later in the night we may not get auto rickshaw to the railway station.  At the enquiry counter the person was unable to give whether the train was at right time. He simply told to wait until announcement.  So we retired to the waiting room.  There were few people in the room.  One elderly couple waiting asked us which train we have to board.  When we told about our special train the lady smiled and said it will come at 3AM.  Another gentle man sitting there told “can’t say it may be delayed longer also”.


 This is the first time I had to wait in the railway station on a chilly night.  After a long day of working to sit and wait was beyond me.  So I simply lied down on the bench curled and covered myself with shawl and closed my eyes, my husband being my security.  Every time a train number is announced we were alert. One of my husband’s colleagues who were to travel by different train that night saw us and scared us by saying “Oh you are going by special train. They run very late even by a day also.  So be prepared”, he warned us.
 His train came within 20 minutes and he bid good bye to us.  We have no choice.  I just prayed God.  The night seemed so long and I came to know how many number of trains pass via Warangal between 11PM and 3.20AM.  The train arrived at 3.20AM and we boarded the train.



The journey which was supposed to be passed off in the night and reach our destination in early hours of day continued till midday.  But the journey was good.  The journey from Telangana to Andhra region will be pleasant watch during day time.  All along the way we see verdant fields, orchards and coconut trees.  When we pass along Telangana districts we rarely see vast area of fields or orchards.  We see mostly rocky dry terrain and here and there Palmyra palm trees.  I enjoyed the journey.  But I took oath never to travel by special train in future.

2 comments:

mehak kashish said...

wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu , hyderabad,i have read atleast 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, Ugadi pachadi

shivarani said...

Thank you.