Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Emirates


In the early part of this year I travelled to US by Emirates.  I had to take flight from Hyderabad to Dubai and from there catch another flight to Boston.  I heard that Dubai is a big and beautiful airport.  I thought when I get down at Dubai I can see the airport.  But as the time was very less after getting down at Dubai I had to rush to the designated gate to catch the link flight.  I was just an hour before the boarding time at the gate.  I could not see the airport; I had to glance sideways as I move forward walking briskly to reach my gate. I hoped to see the airport during my return journey and I did see it to some extent then.  I could see the city in fog during forward journey and in lights in return journey.  (I posted some pictures of this journey in my previous post.)
Dubai in early hours

The Emirates flight attendants are friendly and helpful.   Once everything is settled and flight takes off, the passengers are provided with wet, warm, lime scented napkin towel.  Wiping face and hands with that towel not only makes one gets rid of the accumulated dust on the face during waiting in the airport, it also makes one feel fresh.  The cool lime drink that is provided completely relaxes the passengers and they are ready for their long journey.  The hospitality and cuisine on Emirates is good.  I like their cheese omelette the best.  Cheese omelette and a serving of fruits make a wholesome sumptuous breakfast.
Dubai City at night


Once I travelled by Air India. I don’t remember any welcome drink or warm tissues/towels to wipe.  I don’t know how many flights give warm napkins and a cool welcome drink to the passengers after boarding, but I was very much impressed by this service by Emirates.  That begins the journey on pleasant note.

No comments: